Looking for a Voluntary Finance role? Support Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice.
Wherever we can we aim to support local charities, part of this support is helping to advertise their volunteer opportunities and vacancies. If you have some time free and would like to help this fantastic organisation to keep their finances in order, please get in touch with Terry Lowell, Volunteer Coordinator today on 01909 517360 or email: email@example.com
Volunteer Role: Finance
About the hospice:
Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice offers care for children and young people in South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire, North Lincolnshire and North Derbyshire. Our highly specialist care team look after children and young people with a vast range of complex medical needs. We support the whole family on their life journey offering respite care, day care provision, community support, 24 hour urgent response and end of life treatment and care. Sibling support is also at the heart of our work; as well as counselling and bereavement services, hospice at home and befriending.
About this role:
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to assist the finance team with basic administration and support.
Key tasks for Fundraising Support volunteers:
We require you to assist with some or all of the following tasks dependent on your skills and experience:
- Receipting of income
- Counting and reconciling donations
- General accountancy support
- Updating of the donation system,
- Communicate positively with members of the public, staff members and other organisations, always aiming to build relationships and present Bluebell Wood in the best light.
- Support the finance teams by carrying out some basic administration tasks, eg data input, making phone calls, sending letters.
- Receipting for donations.
- At all times respect confidentiality, in particular the confidentiality of electronically stored data in line, with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Any other reasonable duties that maybe designated by the Volunteer Lead
What we are looking for:
Ideally you will:
- be comfortable working with money and numbers
- be flexible
- be friendly
- be willing to be part of a team
- be able to cope well under pressure
- be able to operate basic office equipment, under supervision
- have a confident telephone manner
- communicate well
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- The chance to be at the heart of your local children’s hospice
- Meet new people
- Be part of an enthusiastic team
All Bluebell Wood volunteers are asked to:
- Be a minimum of 16 years
- Have a current enhanced Disclosure & Barring check (DBS) generated by the hospice
- Attend Induction Training if required
- Abide by the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Display an identification badge at all times (if applicable)
- Respect confidentiality applying to all hospice areas
- Comply with the hospice no smoking, alcohol and substance misuse policy
- Adhere to hospice policies and procedures
- Comply with the hospice no smoking policy
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings (if applicable)
- Co-operate and liaise with colleagues.
Please be aware that if you do not have your own transport, or live locally, the hospice is very difficult to get to by public transport. If in doubt please check buses etc to see if it is feasible for you to volunteer here. We are over one mile from the nearest bus stop.
Bluebell Wood is committed to safe volunteer recruitment practices. Enhanced DBS checks will be sought where appropriate and references taken.
t: 01909 517360 | m: w: www.bluebellwood.org
Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice | Cramfit Road | North Anston | Sheffield | S25 4AJ